Chocolate Caramel Bar Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°
Start with the Brown Sugar dough:
- 1/2 cup of butter flavored Coconut Oil or shortening
- 2 cups of flour- rice, cassava or regular
- 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3 tbs of milk alt
Combine all in a food processor.
Place dough in a 9-inch square cake pan. Press dough evenly into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- 1/4 cup of butter flavored Coconut Oil or shortening
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 4 tsp of milk alt
Combine all ingredients into a saucepan and cook on low heat.
Pour mixture over the cookie bottom. Let cool.
- 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 2tsps of butter-flavored Coconut Oil or shortening
In a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate.
Add shortening and stir until melted and smooth.
Pour over cooled bars.
With the increasing numbers of children dealing with food allergies, I have found it important to build a community of other parents dealing with similar challenges. To read my husband and my story, CLICK HERE.
To learn more about KIDS WITH FOOD ALLERGIES – A Divison of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, CLICK HERE.